I am so delighted. Sharon Castellanos of Dog Days blog (sister blog to Cleo’s Day) made my week by honoring me with a Most Versatile Blogger Award! How cool is that? Thank you Sharon and Cleo! And, then today Edie Jarolim, my friend over at Will My Dog Hate Me? did the same. I’m blushing. Thank you Edie and Frankie.
I have to be honest though. I was a little slow on the uptake. I didn’t get that I was supposed to pass along the award to 15 others until yesterday when I was perusing Ashley’s and Prudence’s blog, Of Cows’ Tails and Chew Toys for my #FollowFriday Fab 4 post. They were awarded the MVB award and then bestowed it on others. Oh, now I get it! How embarrassing.
So without further ado…
No wait… I can’t resist saying a few words about Sharon and Edie.
I met Sharon at BlogPaws last April and since have been an avid follower of her blogs. Sharon is all about Being the Change for Animals and in that spirit is posting an interview series called Influence Positively, which was featured on Be the Change for Animals blog! I appreciate Sharon’s bringing attention to so many people doing so much on behalf of the welfare of animals.
I knew Edie before I met her at BlogPaws last April. (Do all cyber roads lead to–or is it from–BlogPaws? I think so.) Anyway, she’s the author of Am I Boring My Dog?, a smart, funny and informative book about all things dog. Her blog is likewise intelligent, honest, and forthright. No matter how controversial the issue, Edie takes it on. I’m sure I’m smarter now than I was before I started regularly reading Will My Dog Hate Me?
So, here’s the deal. This award is not only an honor to receive from your peers, the conditions of receiving the Most Versatile Blogger Award include paying it forward, and a couple of other things. First, a couple of other things:
1) Thank the person who gave you award. Thank you Sharon (and Cleo) and Edie (and Frankie)!!
2) Share 7 things about yourself.
1. I am head over heals in love with my dog, Sadie. Given our rocky start, I never thought I’d see the day.
2. If I don’t get my mug of perfect coffee first thing in the morning my day is a wreck.
3. Sadie hates hot weather, therefore so do I.
4. My most favorite thing to do is take Sadie for a long hike in the foothills west of Boulder on a cool, cloudy, misty day.We haven’t seen one of those in months.
5. Once I begin blogging and visiting friends on Facebook and Twitter, it’s about as hard for me to walk away from my laptop up as it is for my doggie friend Moses to surrender his ball.
6. I used to prepare gourmet meals nightly, then I started blogging.
7. I bought Sadie a Kong Wobbler for big dogs. She loves it. I have to keep it hidden from view when she’s not playing with it, otherwise she sits and stares at it, then looks at me, then stares again at it, then looks at me.
3. And now, without further ado, let’s pay it forward!
I’m going to free associate (Hello Dr. Freud)–three adjectives that come to mind, except, of course versatile. We already know that.
1. Fun with Dogs Informative, compassionate, smart
2. I Love Rescue Animals Passionate, benevolent, ambitious
3. Raising Ruby Awesome, beautiful, tender
4. Dancing Dog Blog Comprehensive, penetrating, sharp
5. Go Pet Friendly Worldly, exhaustive, fun
6. Dogan Dogs Video Blogs Avant garde, witty, engaging
7. Mary’s Dogs Blog Devoted, kind, self-reflective
8. Kenzo the Hovaward International, eclectic, discerning
9. Gooddogz Committed, forthright, honest
10. The Thundering Herd Beautiful, winsome, affable
11. Doggie Bites Discerning, educational, raw
12. The Dogs Are Really in Charge Dedicated, delightful, proficient
13. The Allie Chronicles Absorbing, fluid, skilled
14. Days of Speed and Slow Time Monday Artful, astute, clear
15. Dog Lover’s Digest Practical, perceptive, assured
One last thing. Contact the bloggers and let them know they were picked. I’m on it!